Jerry Jelinek wrote:
> Ethan Quach wrote:
>> Hey Jerry,
>> I just thought about something regarding the zones dataset
>> namespace.  Instead of creating the dataset for zone roots at:
>>     rpool/export/zones/z1/rpool/ZBE1
>> Maybe we should insert the "roped off" ROOT container dataset
>> like we do in the global zone:
>>     rpool/export/zones/z1/rpool/ROOT/ZBE1
>> so that we confine the place where we know boot environment roots
>> live.  The reason we do this is in the global zone is so that we
>> don't have to troll through potentially thousands of datasets
>> (sorting out whatever's been created in the shared area) to find
>> BE roots.  This same problem would occur in the zone BE namespace.
>> Thoughts?
> Ethan,
> Following up with some of the other responses,
> I don't see how this helps you and I don't think of
> rpool/export/zones/z1/rpool as a shared area.  Based on
> the design, that is only for the zone's BEs.

If <zonepath>/rpool is delegated to the zone, then the zone admin can
create anything they want in it, e.g. <zonepath>/rpool/export or
<zonepath>/rpool/mystuff.  And whatever they create is also seen
and automatically mounted whenever any of that zone's BEs boots;
hence its like a shared area between that zones BEs, just like rpool in
the global zone.

This was how I thought it was going to work.  Are we limiting the
zone to only be able to create zone BEs underneath <zonepath>/rpool
and not use it for data somehow?