On Wed 10 Sep 2008 at 12:24PM, Luca Morettoni wrote:
> I have installed on my laptop (under OpenSolaris 2008.05, snv_95) a ipkg
> brand zone (default for that operating system) and all work fine.
> Now I have updated the system to the snv_96, but my zones are on version
> snv_95, there are some "special" steps to keep zones updated or I follow
> the steps to update the global zone inside each zone?

Try finding the root path to your zone, like this:

# zoneadm list -vc
  ID NAME             STATUS     PATH                           BRAND    IP
   0 global           running    /                              native   shared
   - donutshop        installed  /zones/donutshop               ipkg     shared

In this case it would be inside of /zones/donutshop, in /zones/donutshop/root

Next, halt the zone, and from the global zone do (as root):

# pkg -R /zones/donutshop/root image-update

It should move things forward for you.  Obviously this is sort of experimental
at the moment, and there are some issues.  In the future, things will upgrade
in-sync with the global zone.