Le 22 sept. 08 à 14:33, Jeff Victor a écrit :

> Nicolas Dorfsman wrote:
>> Le 22 sept. 08 à 11:57, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
>>> While U6 has many significant enhancements, most notably ZFS Root/
>>> Boot, it is likely that Zones on ZFS will only be fully supported
>>> in  U7.
>> This is incredible.
> Many people put zones on ZFS file systems. If you want to put zone
> roots on ZFS file systems, you will benefit from understanding the
> current limitations. Sun has not stated that zones on ZFS are not
> supported.

Thanks a lot !

Great....as anybody knows, Solaris 10 waited features has been
implemented since the beginning and then we don't need to upgrade to
newer releases.
And if really, you want to play with new features, you just have to
apply some patches, and it will work.
ah ! I forgot...to apply patch now, you should prefer to add them by

> However, in S10 U6 this situation will be improved, removing some
> limitations and reducing others.

Improved ? Can't you be more precise ?

>> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/gcmcz?l=en&a=view&q=Do+Not+Place+the+Root+File+System+of+a+Non-Global+Zone+on+ZFS
>> "should not", "might result"
>> This one is clearer :
>> http://opensolaris.org/os/community/zones/faq/#cfg_zfsboot
>> ...but it comes from "open side".
> Yes, that one clearly states that you can put zones on ZFS as long
> as you understand the implications. Although it's not a Sun
> Microsystems document, it's written by Sun employees, and in this
> case correctly represents Sun's stance on the topic.

Ok Jeff.  What I'm trying to say by "incredible" is that I can't
believe we'll have to wait for U7 to have ZFS(zone)root supported into
Upgrade and Live Upgrade.