On 3 Oct 2008, at 21:46, Dan Price wrote:

> Nick, I think this is an interesting idea, but I must caution you
> that zone_enter(2) isn't a public API, and using it correctly is
> truly non-trivial.

Indeed, that's the impression I have, and seems to be a dominant theme
in other replies to my post.

> One thing I don't really understand about your solution is what
> economy it achieves.  That is to say, why not run an apache instance
> per-zone?

I'm not clear on that until I've tried.  I expect modest memory
(one instance).  More interesting is if I can make this work without the
requirement for a separate public IP address for each zone: it has been
suggested that crossbow makes this possible.

> If you like we can chat offline by phone sometime about this.

Yes please!  Perhaps you could email me off-list your Sun extension
and timezone.

Nick Kew