Hi,

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/gbbxq?a=view has a caution
regarding restoring a lofs mounted filesystem within a non-global zone.
The prior paragraph makes reference to system read-only mount points.

With the exception of possible access from other zones (the global, or
shared access non-global zones), I don't see a reason why a non-system
lofs directory could not be backed up and restored from within a
non-global zone. Am I missing something?

For example, if I create /myzone/private in the global zone and lofs
mount it into the non-global zone as /private, I think I should be able
to manage its content via things other than ufsdump and ufsrestore from
within the non-global zone.

Is the caution just for /usr, /lib, /sbin, or is there something else I
don't know about?

Thanks
Steffen

(reply-to set to alias)