On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Tamer Embaby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Steffen Weiberle wrote:
>>> 5.      Can somebody clarify me whether ZFS is supported for containers?
>>> Since ZFS has the concept of creating pool of devices first and on top
>>> of that file systems can be created. I would like to know what kind of
>>> support is there today for ZFS for Solaris containers?
>> This is evolving. You can delegate a ZFS file system into a zone. With
>> the upcoming S10 10/08, the zone path is fully supported on ZFS. A
>> future is to have a zone clone automatically do a ZFS clone--this is
>> already in Solaris Nevada/SXCE.
> Can you please clarify what is the problem of having zonepath on ZFS on
> S10 prior to 10/08?

You can't apply a Solaris update to a zoned system, prior to 10/08.
The software that applies updates doesn't understand ZFS, and can't
figure out how to make the zones accessible. The exception is
non-native zones (including Solaris 8 Containers), which are never
updated by the Solaris 10 updater software.