On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Jerry Jelinek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Henrik Johansson wrote:
>> The easiest way would probably be to identify packages that are not to
>> be updated, in my experience packages do not differ that much between
>> local zones in production environments, but that is only based on the
>> system I have worked with. I always keep zones as similar as possible,
>> but full zones still leaves the possibility to make some changes to
>> the packages and patches in case its necessary.
> Unfortunately we have no way to know which pkgs you deliberately
> want to be different between the global and non-global zone and
> which you want to be in sync.  Thats why a list where the user
> could control that would be needed.

Isn't that the purpose of "pkgadd -G"?

     -G              Add package(s) in  the  current  zone  only.
                     When used in the global zone, the package is
                     added to the global zone  only  and  is  not
                     propagated  to  any  existing  or yet-to-be-
                     created non-global  zone.  When  used  in  a
                     non-global zone, the package(s) are added to
                     the non-global zone only.

                     This option causes package  installation  to
                     fail  if, in the pkginfo file for a package,
                     SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES  is  set  to   true.   See

A package added to the global zone with "pkgadd -G" should not be
upgraded in the non-global zone.

Mike Gerdts