Absolutely.  I did just that a few months ago when my primary disk
started running a bit slim on free space.  :)

- format new disk
- halt zones
- mount new disk on /mnt
- cd /zones ; tar -cf - . | (cd /mnt; tar -xvpf - )
- (to be safe) mv /zones /zones.old
- mkdir /zones
- edit vfstab to add entry for /zones
- mount /zones
- boot the zones to make sure all is well.  :)

I generally mount my disk space under /z and then lofs things back to
/zones/xxx.  that way I can separate my "disk space management" from my
zones management functions.

bill.