On 11/19/08 07:36, David Smith wrote:
> I currently have my zonepath set to /zones/zonename on all my zones, however
> the /zones directory
> is on the boot drive and it is near to capacity now.  Can I shut down all the
> zones and copy the
> /zones directory to a new filesystem (different disk) and then remount it as
> /zones again?  Once
> the new filesystem is remounted back to /zones, this should be transparent to
> the zones , correct?  Is there any other precautions I should take to migrate
> this directory structure, or
> recommended method?

I would also look at zoneadm -z <zone> move <new-path>
e.g. zoneadm -z <zone> /large-filesystempath/<zonepath>
Unless you are particular about '/zones' path, you don't even have to
remount it as /zones
You can easily script it to do it for all the zones. ( check zoneadm
list -pi )
The adv. is it's left to zoneadm. Vs the file transfer mechanism ( tar /
cpio/ utility foo )

thanks
- Amol