does the zone have an exclusive ip stack or a shared stack?

it might be interesting to compare packet snoop data (with timestamps)
taken for the global zone for a transfer from a remote host to the zone
vs a transfer of the same file from the global zone the the zone.  you
would probably also want to compare truss output (with timestamps) of
the recieveing process in the zone for the same two scenarios.  this
data might give you an idea of where else to look.