On 12/01/08 13:48, Maciej Browarski wrote:

> Enda O'Connor pisze:
>> On 12/01/08 13:36, Maciej Browarski wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I try to install zone on zfs file system using solaris 10 update 6.
>>> I have separate storage pool which is names zone. (mount in /zone).
>>> So I type:
>>> #zonecfg -z new
>>> zonecfg:new> create
>>> zonecfg:new> set zonepath=/zone/new
>>> zonecfg:new> exit
>>> #zoneadm -z new install
>>> After that I don't see zone/new filesystems. On Nevada systems I
>>> always have separate zfs.
>>> In man documentation from zoneadm I read that option -x means that
>>> don't use  zfs filesystem.
>>> Why is this don't working with solaris10u6 ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>

>> Hi
>> Could you clarify what you mean by "I don't see zone/new filesystems"
>> is it that it's not in zfs list, i.e. how did you create /zone/new to
>> start with.
>>
>> Enda
>>
> Yes, I don't see on zfs list
> On nevada system (b101) , I type:
> # zonecfg -z old
> old: No such zone configured
> Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone.
> zonecfg:old> create
> zonecfg:old> set zonepath=/zone/old
> zonecfg:old> exit
> # zoneadm -z old install
> A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
> Preparing to install zone <old>.
> Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.
>
> So, I see that ZFS  file system was create.
> On Solaris 10 Update 6 I type:
> -bash-3.00# zfs list
> NAME                        USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
> rpool                      4,56G  11,1G  35,5K  /rpool
> rpool/ROOT                 3,30G  11,1G    18K  legacy
> rpool/ROOT/s10x_u6wos_07b  3,30G  11,1G  3,30G  /
> rpool/dump                  768M  11,1G   768M  -
> rpool/export               42,5K  11,1G    19K  /export
> rpool/export/home          23,5K  11,1G  23,5K  /export/home
> rpool/swap                  512M  11,6G  18,3M  -
> rpool/zone                   18K  11,1G    18K  /zone
> -bash-3.00# zonecfg -z new export
> create -b
> set zonepath=/zone/new
> set autoboot=false
> set ip-type=shared
> add inherit-pkg-dir
> set dir=/lib
> end
> add inherit-pkg-dir
> set dir=/platform
> end
> add inherit-pkg-dir
> set dir=/sbin
> end
> add inherit-pkg-dir
> set dir=/usr
> end
> -bash-3.00# zoneadm -z new install
> Preparing to install zone <new>.
> Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.
>
> My question is why I don't see line with:
> [...]

No Solaris 10u6 does support zones on zfs, but not as cleanly as nevada,
there are some differences, as new features are integrated into nevada,
then later they "might" get backported to soalris updates. On s10u6 you
have to create the zonepath yourself, either mkdir or zfs create,
setting appropriate permissions too,
ie the zoneroot must be 700, so /zones would be 755 say and new would be
700.

Enda

--
Enda O'Connor x19781  Software Product Engineering
Patch System Test : Ireland : x19781/353-1-8199718