Hi Jon,

With shared-IP zones the network statistics are not broken out
per-zone. If you configure the zone as an exclusive-IP zone, it gets
its own NICs, and the per-NIC counters will display what you want.

You didn't mention if your interest was in Solaris, OpenSolaris, or
both.  In the future, project Crossbow will provide virtual NICs
(VNICs) which can be assigned per-zone, and IIRC the counters will all
be broken out per-VNIC, again giving you what you want. But that's not
even in OpenSolaris yet.