Jerry Jelinek writes:
> patch to be applied to the zone.  Inherit-pkg-dir is
> probably not the best way to save space here, unless the
> associated behavior is what you really want.  It might
> be easier to simply delete the contents out of /opt inside
> the zone after it is installed if you want to save space.

If you do that, then the packaging data will be out of sync.  That may
or may not matter for the patches you later need to install.

I know that some folks keep /opt as inherited and then use lofs to
create locally writable directories underneath (as in /opt/local), and
others keep /opt local and then use lofs to "copy" selected things
from the global zone.

James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <>