Having a very strange problem here.  Looks related to this one:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do;jsessionid=1c7c4c7edd00e5b5f4a7c60f1cc4?bug_id=6208458

But here's a little bit of background:

Have a perl script that calls a shell script to build a zone. shell script of course has a line "zoneadm -z zonename install" When the perl script is run manually, from the command line, I have never seen a problem. But, when it is called from a java exec I get:

genunix: NOTICE: core_log: lupi_zones[22424] core dumped: /var/core/ core_testnoflar_lupi_zones_0_60003_1232079570_22424

as a result of the zoneadm install command.

Ultimately I need this to be called from a JVM, but I am running into this problem. It could well be a JAVA problem, but don't know where to start for help.

I'm running S10 TX U5, minimized OS.

bash-3.00# java -version
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

Hardware:  T5220/T5140

I can't seem to get anything on the related bugs.

Any insight appreciated.

Wayne