Bernd Schemmer wrote:
> Ed,
>
>>> well, certainly you could remove packages, but why bother.
>>> disk space is cheap.
>

> Not SAN ... but I don't care about the diskspace -- I was only thinking
> it might be useful/recommended to do so.

The vx* pkgs probably can be removed without a problem.
I wouldn't remove anything else unless you know what
you're doing.  The other pkgs you might want to remove
are likely required to fulfill pkg dependencies if you
want to install extra software.  There are no recommendations
since you don't have to do anything.  Even for the vx*
pkgs, you can leave those in place and the brand software
will properly work around those.

Jerry