On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Jerry Jelinek <gerald.jeli...@sun.com> wrote:
> Thats really not the focus of the s8 branded zone.

Understood. However the OP asked if it made sense to do so. In my view
it is nearly always worth the negligible amount of time and effort
required to minimize and harden a system.

> If you're going to spend a lot of time tuning up the zone, then you'd
> probably be better served
> spending that time getting your software stack running in a native s10 zone.

Agreed. However we are not talking about "a lot of time".

> The s8 brand is really intended to help with consolidating unsupported,
> legacy software
> stacks onto newer hardware.  If you have a lot of time to spend on each
> stack, then why
> spend it on something thats obsolete?

Just because that is the intended purpose for the technology, doesn't
mean that is the only way it will be used.