Zones Group,

A colleague and I have been trying to find a definitive answer for a Zones
networking question as we're trying to solidify how we backup large Oracle
databases running inside of Zones.

Basically the scenario is this: If I Initiate a client backup from the local
zone to the "storage node" software running in the global zone, and they share
their ethernet interface - no shared IP instance - does the backup traffic hit
the physical wire? Or, does it stay inside the kernel/memory... thereby
achieving a very fast in memory transfer to the backup server running in the
global zone?

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help!

This message posted from