Hello All,

I attached a NGZ that was from an alternate system to a Update 6 system
using the -u option.  The NGZ is sparse but I don't think a whole root
would behave much differently.   The update worked and the NGZ was
attached but I noted that the kernel revision via uname -a was the new
version but a showrev -p for that patch ID does not show the patch
"installed".  The global side does show the kernel patch as installed.

Is this expected behavior ?.   I noted that the /etc/release was not
updated reflecting the new kernel environment the NGZ was running
under.  This lack of update to /etc/release though is not expected as
only an upgrade or fresh install modifies that entry.

Geoff Shipman - (303) 272-9955
Systems Technology Service Center - Operating System
Solaris and Network Technology Domain
Americas Systems Technology Service Center