On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Geoff Shipman <geoff.ship...@sun.com> wrote:
> Jerry,
> Thanks for the update on the /etc/release file.  The customer is more
> concerned regarding the kernel patch info not listed in the NGZ.
> >From uname output in the NGZ we can see the kernel matches the global
> value.  Its the lack of showrev -p data for that kernel revision that
> customer is concerned with.

The apparent inaccuracy of "showrev -p" scared me a bit, so I took a
look at an Update 4 zone that I attached to an Update 6 machine:

# uname -srv
SunOS 5.10 Generic_137137-09

# cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC
           Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 16 August 2007

# showrev -p | nawk '$2 == "137137-09" { print $1, $2 }'
Patch: 137137-09

That all looks OK (aside from the debatable /etc/release - it is
"update" not "upgrade"...).

Are you sure that the zone you are dealing with was attached properly?
 Was it maybe attached with "-F" (force, ignoring broken stuff) rather
than "-u" (update on attach)?

Mike Gerdts