Hi,

If not, is there something I can look for to see if the zones have indeed
booted?

Something like

zlogin dnsserver uname -a

(where dnsserver is the zonename) in your start script to check if the zone(s) are running might help

regards

Bernd

Alex wrote:
I am using non-global zones configured with the 'dedicated-cpu' stanza which
results in a dynamically created pset with however many cpus I designated with
the 'ncpus' key. I subsequently use psradm(1M) to set 'no-intr' on those cores
that are dedicated to the non-global zones. I have attempted to write an SMF
manifest for this and I thought that a reasonable dependency chain was:

svc:/system/zones
svc:/system/pools

It turns out however that the service which configures my 'no-intr' flagged
cores can start as soon as those services are online, but that typically
happens much quicker than the zones boot so I effectively end up with no cores
having the 'no-intr' flag set. My question is, is there a service that I can
rely on being available after zones have booted so I can safely assume the
'no-intr' flags are set if my service is online? If not, is there something I
can look for to see if the zones have indeed booted?

Thanks!

-Alex

Message was edited by: astade2

--
Bernd Schemmer, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/index.html

M s temprano que tarde el mundo cambiar .
                       Fidel Castro