Maidak Alexander J wrote:
> I added a zpool to a nonglobal zone using the following method:
>
> # *zpool list slabzone1-zp01*
> NAME             SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
> slabzone1-zp01  4.19G   112K  4.19G     0%  ONLINE  -
> # *zonecfg -z slabzone1*
> zonecfg:slabzone1> *add dataset*
> zonecfg:slabzone1:dataset> *set name=slabzone1-zp01*
> zonecfg:slabzone1:dataset> *end*
> zonecfg:slabzone1> *exit*
>
> How can I get the nonglobal zone to "see" the zpool without rebooting
> the nonglobal zone?

I'm not sure you can,... a reboot is always the best method, but if I
were to try it I'd:

* Add the dataset proprty (you did that)
* Umount the dataset (zfs umount slabzone1-zp01)
* Set the "zoned" property (zfs set zoned=on slabzone1-zp01)
* Attempt to mount it inside the zone (zfs mount zlabzone1-zp01)

Remember, you are providing a dataset to the zone, not a pool.  In your
case, the zone root will be given to the pool, but thats not required.
Because of this, don't bother with 'zpool' commands in the zone, they
don't work.

Good luck.

benr.