Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it doesn't work...

# zfs get zoned slabzone1-zp01
NAME            PROPERTY  VALUE           SOURCE
slabzone1-zp01  zoned     on              local
# zlogin slabzone1
# zfs mount slabzone1-zp01
cannot open 'slabzone1-zp01': dataset does not exist

I wonder what rebooting the zone does to get it to be able to access the
dataset, its almost like its "importing" the zpool.  I'll have to do some
research.

zpool list/get commands do work inside the zone (example follows slabzone1-zp00
is a zpool already allocated to the zone).

# zlogin slabzone1
# zpool list
NAME             SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
slabzone1-zp00  3.97G   399M  3.58G     9%  ONLINE  -
# zpool get all slabzone1-zp00
NAME            PROPERTY     VALUE           SOURCE
slabzone1-zp00  size         3.97G           -
slabzone1-zp00  used         399M            -
slabzone1-zp00  available    3.58G           -
slabzone1-zp00  capacity     9%              -
slabzone1-zp00  altroot      -               default
slabzone1-zp00  health       ONLINE          -
slabzone1-zp00  guid         12130506518989635213  -
slabzone1-zp00  version      10              default
slabzone1-zp00  bootfs       -               default
slabzone1-zp00  delegation   on              default
slabzone1-zp00  autoreplace  off             default
slabzone1-zp00  cachefile    -               default
slabzone1-zp00  failmode     wait            default

I think whatever happens must happen at the zpool level, because when you add a
top level dataset (ex tank/zonedata) to a zone it can "see" the tank zpool
using the zpool list/get commands.

Thanks,

Alex