On 02/17/09 08:59, Dan Price wrote:
On Mon 16 Feb 2009 at 09:27PM, Detlef Drewanz wrote:
playing around with Zones on OpenSolaris 2008.11 I have seen that /usr/lib/brand/ipkg/pkgcreatezone is responsible to find out which packages belong to a zone and will be installed. This list seems to be extended by the script line by line for a more or less complete list.

I would like to have a config option from zoneadm to extend this list of packages to install by the administrator. In that list one could put all the packages he likes to be installed within "zoneadm install" of a non-global zone.

It's better to extend that list by an option than to modify that pkgcreatezone file (what I have seen from discussions from others to do so). Any comments ?

Yes-- it's on my list of things to add.  If you cruise over to
defect.opensolaris.org you can file an RFE.

You're also welcome to submit, with your RFE, a proposed patch
to the script--- that'll probably help things get done faster...

Thanks Dan.
Will do the RFE with some proposal later this week.