>>Since you have build 107, why not use VNICs and run an exclusive IP
>>Instance zone. That would make your situation a little easier to manage.

Ah, yes . I forgot about that.

So I configured a vnic in the global zone:

[r...@sol9 Fri Feb 20 18:56:39 /zones/template/root ]
$ dladm show-vnic
LINK         OVER         SPEED  MACADDRESS           MACADDRTYPE         VID
vnic0        eri0         100    2:8:20:fd:5e:d5      random              0

and changed the zone configuration according to that message:

$ zonecfg -z dnsserver info
zonename: dnsserver
zonepath: /zones/dnsserver
brand: native
autoboot: true
bootargs:
pool:
limitpriv: default,net_rawaccess
scheduling-class:
ip-type: exclusive
inherit-pkg-dir:
        dir: /lib
inherit-pkg-dir:
        dir: /platform
inherit-pkg-dir:
        dir: /sbin
inherit-pkg-dir:
        dir: /usr
fs:
        dir: /export/install
        special: /export/install
        raw not specified
        type: lofs
net:
        address not specified
        physical: vnic0
        defrouter not specified
device:
        match: /dev/ip

The dhcp config file in the zone is :

[r...@dnsserver Fri Feb 20 19:03:14 ~ ]
$ cat /etc/inet/dhcpsvc.conf
DAEMON_ENABLED=TRUE
RESOURCE=SUNWfiles
RUN_MODE=server
PATH=/var/dhcp
CONVER=1
INTERFACES=vnic0
LOGGING_FACILITY=3

But still no go ...

I could start the in.dhcpd in debug mode from the command line and it worked.
But enabling the service always failed with the error message:

[ Feb 20 18:25:05 Executing start method ("/usr/lib/inet/in.dhcpd"). ]
svc.startd could not set context for method: setppriv: Not owner
[ Feb 20 18:25:05 Method "start" exited with status 96. ]

I finally removed the privileges from the service like described here

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5236367

And now the dhcp server works in the zone.

regards

Bernd