We run into this problem repeatedly... "swap" in Solaris terms refers to
total VM.  This is true on most UNIX systems.  However, we often
mistakenly refer to pagefile ("swap disk") simply and incorrectly as "swap".

Therefore, the "swap cap" is better thought of as a VM cap.  Rcapd
(physical) will keep RSS in check.  When exceeded it will page out to
the page file (swap disk).  When total VM (RSS+Pagefile+tmpfs) exceeds
the zone.max-swap limit malloc() will fail.

Thus, "swap" is the right term, but its almost universally misused.
Best example is the "swap" column in vmstat output.