Hi,

another update:

For further tests I created a new non-global zone with an exclusive IP stack and a virtual nic and the dhcp server works there. I even did not configure the additional privileges like in the other zone, so the zone configuration is :

$ zonecfg -z dhcpserver info
zonename: dhcpserver
zonepath: /zones/dhcpserver
brand: native
autoboot: true
bootargs:
pool:
limitpriv:
scheduling-class:
ip-type: exclusive
inherit-pkg-dir:
   dir: /lib
inherit-pkg-dir:
   dir: /platform
inherit-pkg-dir:
   dir: /sbin
inherit-pkg-dir:
   dir: /usr
fs:
   dir: /tools
   special: /tools
   raw not specified
   type: lofs
net:
   address not specified
   physical: vnic2
   defrouter not specified

The only thing I had to change to get the SMF service started was to remove the credentials from the service:

<method_context>
                       <method_credential
                               user='root'
                               group='root'
                               privileges='all'
                       />
               </method_context>

I do not really know why the dhcp server does not work in the other zone.

regards

Bernd

Bernd Schemmer wrote:
And now the dhcp server works in the zone.

Update:
Linux and Windows Clients do not get an IP address from the dhcp server in the
non-global zone; for Solaris I only tested dhcp on a physical machine were the
zone is running (and that works with the dhcp server in the non-local zone).

The dhcp server works for Windows and Linux Clients if running in the global
zone

regards

Bernd

--
Bernd Schemmer, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/index.html

M s temprano que tarde el mundo cambiar .
                       Fidel Castro