From: zones-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org
[mailto:zones-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Nicolas Dorfsman
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:01 PM
To: Zones discuss
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] Question - Howto upgrade Solaris 8 or 9 in a
branded zone to Solairs 10 - Anybody??

        Hi Andrew,

Le 26 févr. 09 à 18:30, Andrew Dibbins a écrit :

> Hi,
> So we've encouraged people, to move away from native hardware running
> Solaris 8 or 9, to Solaris 8 or Solaris 9 containers running on top of
> Solaris 10. So  how do we get from Solaris 8 containers.
> Do we have any documentation, discussion material about upgrading from
> Solaris 8 containers to 10containers, can LU help?

No LU...flar can !

Just take the Solaris 8 container documentation and follow the steps.

You have to download a "S8 container" kit. Depending on which release of
Solaris 10 you're running, you may have to reboot your global zone to activate
this brandz type of zone.

Remember that you can't expect support from SUn support channel without buying
a particular contract.

And be careful ! It works like a charm...it's pretty amazing as too many
companies claims that their "virtual blabla" let IT departments virtualize
anything, anywhere. In the real world ? Ah ah ! It's a really another story.

Solaris containers...taste it, love it, and come back to the best
OS !   :)