Many thanks to  Bob Netherton and Jeff for their quick help on that painful
The solution was to use psrset -f on the heavily used pset.

It is fully supported and a recommended situation when CPU starvation causes
interrupts not to be serviced in
time and they get lost.   Credit goes to Rickey Weisner for this tip.

I have monitored that zone today for multiple hours without seeing any
packet loss while it was cranking up its cpu usage...

Jeff, following a previous mail today, as a fervent customer ;), I would
love to see that feature directly accessible thru the zone configuration to
avoid having to create a script and a dirty workaround to enable that
feature on boot. Is there a RFE # out there that I can be added to thru Sun
Support ? Got a case opened on that issue.

Will continue to monitor the situation for a few days, and if I see anything
wrong, I will update that thread

Again, thanks !