On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM, bob netherton <bob.nether...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Barto wrote:
>> After you create a zone, can you later set up CPU caps, numbers of CPU's,
>> memory and any of the other parameters. Is there  list of what cannot be
>> change after its creation?
> At this point, not a lot.    I can only think of two:    the brand and the
> set of inherit-pkg-dirs (the sparseness).    There are a few things that
> might require a zone reboot to change (ip-type, ZFS datasets, maybe hostid),
> but that's a different question.

This is puzzling. While I haven't tried it, I do not see why it
wouldn't be possible to change both of those things. Painful yes, but
not impossible.

For example, with the sparse/whole root issue, why couldn't you
shutdown the zone, modify the zone config, copy the various directory
structures and bits over and then boot it?