On 05/22/09 14:28, Nicolas Droux wrote:

On May 21, 2009, at 11:38 PM, Narendra Kumar.S.S wrote:

Here below is the sysidcfg of NGZ:

cat /etc/sysidcfg:
system_locale=C
terminal=xterms
security_policy=NONE
timezone=US/Eastern
nfs4_domain=east.sun.com
root_password=rJSJNt0RfvMy6
network_interface=vnic0 {
primary

They shouldn't be using the "primary" option here, which should only be used with multiple network_interface entries, see sysidcfg(4).

hostname=mathesar-z1
ip_address=10.0.1.100
netmask=255.255.255.0
default_route=NONE
protocol_ipv6=yes
}

name_service=NONE

They haven't tried to use PRIMARY for network_interface.
I think, if PRIMARY is used, it will take the first probed physical interface which could be e1000g0. If they want vnic0 to be Primary interface, then they have to specify network_interface as vnic0.

In the case of a non-global zone it will be the interface which was assigned to the zone, so in this case vnic0. So instead of the above they could remove the "primary" option and specify "PRIMARY" interface instead of vnic0 as follows:

network_interface=PRIMARY {
    hostname=mathesar-z1
    ip_address=10.0.1.100
    netmask=255.255.255.0
    default_route=NONE
    protocol_ipv6=yes
}

See also Steffen's blog entry at http://blogs.sun.com/stw/entry/crossbow_is_delivered_traveling_vnics for an example showing how to use sysidcfg with VNICs and zones.

Nicolas.

I have seen errors like this as well, and working on an example with *two* interfaces, both VNICs, I come across this also. Have been wondering where to look regarding sysidcfg and its long term use, and whether to file a bug. And if so, under which category.

Also, the second interface must have a default_route entry, even if it is the same as that in the first (there is no router on the second subnet, it is on an etherstub). Without that, the interface is plumbed with 0.0.0.0.

Steffen

opensolaris2009.06# cat web1.sysidcfg
terminal=xterm
system_locale=C
network_interface=web1 {primary
        hostname=web1
        ip_address=10.1.14.181
        netmask=255.255.255.0
        protocol_ipv6=no
        default_route=10.1.14.130
}
network_interface=webp1 {
        hostname=webp1
        ip_address=172.16.10.181
        netmask=255.255.255.0
        protocol_ipv6=no
        default_route=10.1.14.130
}
security_policy=NONE
name_service=NONE
timezone=US/Eastern
timeserver=localhost
nfs4_domain=dynamic
root_password="yEB135fOEQHts"
service_profile=limited_net

SunOS Release 5.11 Version snv_111a 64-bit
Copyright 1983-2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Hostname: web1
Reading ZFS config: done.
Mounting ZFS filesystems: (6/6)
 network_interface=web1 {primary
web1 is not a valid network interface  line 3 position 19
Creating new rsa public/private host key pair
Creating new dsa public/private host key pair
Configuring network interface addresses: web1 webp1.

web1 console login: