Hi all,

I'm trying to install a Solaris 8 branded zone on a 280R running
SXCE b114.  I've downloaded the Solaris 8 zone software version
1.0.1 and installed the SUNWs8brandr and SUNWs8brandu packages
from the 1.0/Product directory, followed by the SUNWs8brandk
package from the 1.0.1/Product directory.  All packages appeared
to install OK, except for a warning about a missing S10 Kernel
patch which I ignored because I'm running SXCE b114.  :-)

When I run the zonecfg command to create the branded zone, it all
goes pear-shaped:

bash-3.2# zonecfg -z vantive_test
vantive_test: No such zone configured
Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone.
zonecfg:vantive_test> create -t SUNWsolaris8
zonecfg:vantive_test> set zonepath=/zones/vantive_test
zonecfg:vantive_test> set autoboot=true
zonecfg:vantive_test> verify
vantive_test: unknown brand.

vantive_test: Invalid document

The zonepath will be living on ZFS, but I doubt that's important.

Any clues greatfully received!

Cheers,

--
Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA