Peter Tribble wrote:
<snip>
One slight snag that I see occasionally now is that because it's so
easy to load a
system up with zones, it's relatively easy to build up a workload that
overwhelms
the host system for I/O and networking. You can consolidate more zones than
heavyweight virtual machines on a given box, and the I/O is more efficient, so
you can drive the system in different ways. You just need to keep
sizing in mind.

But with proper planning and SAN storage, you can migrate the zones between systems in seconds. :) Zones make load balancing very easy (with the added benefit of BC and even DR capabilities).

bill.