> this error seems to indicate that the zone state in
> /etc/zones/index is
> invalid.  (normally people shouldn't edit this file
> for exactly this
> reason.  ;)  what are the contents of this file?

I've attached the full file to this post, but the line for the zone I'm trying
right now reads:

web:uninstalled:/space/zones/web:1707fafd-4a25-69f6-91e4-92af2073dca4

Is there somewhere that the UUID gets generated from that I can check for
consistency ?

> you need to specify a zfs dataset name, not a
> filesystem path.  on my
> laptop i would specifly something like:
>       -d rpool/export/zones/z2/ROOT/zbe

Aha - thanks.  That was the second one I tried, just for the record:

# zoneadm -z web attach -u -d space/zones/web/ROOT/zbe
zoneadm: web: could not get state: No such zone configured

Thanks,
--
Ian.