I am trying to set up two zones to exactly duplicate a production server one
for test and one for development.  The production server has a number of zpools
which are specifically named and the scripts we are testing expect this naming.

I have run in to a brick wall, as it seems that it is impossible to create
zpools inside a zone, I can add devices ( zfs volumes) from the global zone or
add files systems but since I need two distinct but identical environments I am
at a loss how to proceed.

Any pointers?