On 07/15/09 17:27, Christine Tran wrote:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Patrick J.
McEvoy<no-re...@opensolaris.org> wrote:
I am trying to pre-configure zones with sysidcfg as described in:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/z.login.task-38?l=en&a=view&q=sysidcfg+and+containers

Basically:

   clone a zone
   zoneadm -z <zone> ready
   edit <zonepath>/root/etc/sysidcfg
   zoneadm -z <zone> boot

The problem is that after the zone boots I still have to do an initial "zlogin
-C"
to the zone to get the system to look at /etc/sysidcfg. How can I kick the zone
so that it configures and comes up on the net without my having to do an
interactive
login (and without having to write an expect script...)?

Patrick and I have been discussing this off-line, it works for me, and the only thing that comes to mind for me right now is a possible mis-match of the installation repository used and the repository when the zone was created.

If you have a correct sysidcfg, you will never need to go thru the
system identification prompt at zlogin -C.  Please post your sysidcfg.
 Here's a barebone one that works for me:

name_service=NONE
root_password=xyzmno
system_locale=C
timeserver=localhost
timezone=GMT
terminal=vt100
security_policy=NONE
nfs4_domain=dynamic
network_interface=primary {
hostname=${ZONENAME}
protocol_ipv6=no}

YMMV.  If you have an exclusive-ip zone you will have to touch
/etc/hostname.NIC in the zone as well.

This should not be required, as the sysid process will create the file(s) based on the network_interface information.

CT