> YMMV.  If you have an exclusive-ip zone you will have
> to touch
> /etc/hostname.NIC in the zone as well.

I am using exclusive-ip, but touching the hostname.NIC files did not make a

Another oddity I did not mention in the original post is that I get different
behavior on zlogin depending whether I have terminal= before or after
network_interface=. If the network comes first I get prompted for a terminal
type; if terminal comes first, I don't get prompted for a terminal type, but I
get an error that vphys1 is not valid.