Since a lot of people here said they weren't uber-skilled programmers. An easy
and quick way to put a band aid on the wound might be to port a working UNFS3
implementation to non-global zones:

      http://unfs3.sourceforge.net/

You could create a compatibility layer for UNFS3 where the Solaris 8 or Solaris
9 branded zone thinks that the unfs3 is a native Solaris NFS implementation and
works with it without complaining. The advantage of this would be much greater
security, resource management and fault isolation for the NFS server running
inside the zones since this is a user-space NFS server and not an in-kernel NFS
server. The disadvantage would be a very slight performance hit, but I'm
guessing that the performance hit won't be that big of a deal, since the newest
line of Sun servers are unbelievably fast and we're all going to be running
Solaris on good quality Sun servers and not on cheap Dell hardware purchased at
the 99 cents store, right?

I think it's fare to say that security and stability are more important than
raw speed / NFS throughput for most of us. And a user-space NFS implementation
running in a Solaris 8 or Solaris 9 branded zone inside Solaris 11 on the
newest Sun hardware will probably still run faster than an in-kernel NFS
implementation would have run natively on Solaris 8 on the best SPARC hardware
that was available 10 years ago.