> Hi
Hello,

> On 08/04/09 14:55, Jacqueline Tse wrote:
> > The problem I am trying to solve is when a software
> scanner is run in a non-global zone, it needs to
> decide if a package was inherited from the global
> zone, and exclude it from the report. We don't want
> to report the same package in the zone because it was
> inherited from the global zone.
> >
> > I have created a package, ABCDtestpkg, and
> installed it in the global zone and the non-global
> zone.
> >
> > "pkgparam -v ABCDtestpkg" shows neither one of the
> followings was set:
> >
> > - SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES
> > - SUNW_PKG_HOLLOW
> > - SUNW_PKG_THISZONE
>
> So I'm not clear of why you want to report on
> essentially omit packages
> that either have
> 1 ALLZONES=true
> or
> 2 have part of their deliverable reside on an
> inherited directory.
>
> 1 is easy enough, but 2 is not doable from within the
> zone itself.
>
> What is the purpose of this tool, is it to identify
> software that can be
> managed from within the zone?
The tool is used to report information about packages which are installed in
the system, which can be run in the global zone, and/or the non-global zone.

When this tool is run in the non-global zone, it needs to find out if the
package was installed from the global zone, and exclude such package info from
the report. Is it possible to find out such info from the command line or API?

The aim is not to report the same package multiple times, when it was installed
from the global zone and inherited by all the non-global zones?

> > I then removed ABCDtestpkg from the non-global
> zone, pkgrm indicated there is a dependency in global
> zone.
> it is a pkgadd messaging bug, should have said the
> zone name instead of
> global zone.
>

> > [i]zone1 # pkgrm ABCDtestpkg
> >
> > The following package is currently installed:
> >    ABCDtestpkg  ABCD test package
> >                 (sparc) 1.0
> >
> > Do you want to remove this package? [y,n,?,q] y
> >
> > ## Removing installed package instance
> <ABCDtestpkg>
> > ## Verifying package <ABCDtestpkg> dependencies in
> global zone
> ok that is a bug in pkgadd, pkgrm in a non-global
> zone does not do
> dependency tests int he global zone at all.
> So above is a typo, should really say
> "Verifying package <ABCDtestpkg> dependencies in
> zone1"
But why should pkgrm say the package has dependency in the non-global zone,
when it was runnning in the non-global zone?

Perhaps pkgadd/pkgrm should omit the message, if it doesn't check dependency in
the non-global zone.

Many thanks,
Jacqueline