Thanks for the quick reply. I installed OpenSolaris 2008.11, but have kept it
up to date with the package manager.
The only mounted ROOT filsystem is the main one mounted on /.
I've since tried to make the zone ready with:
r...@gaia:/zones# zoneadm -z poseidon ready
zoneadm: zone 'poseidon': call to zoneadmd failed
I've also tried creating a new zone (test) to see if it's just existing zones
that are affected, but the install command is failing:
r...@gaia:/zones# zoneadm -z test install
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
ERROR: Unable to create the zone's ZFS dataset.
which causes the test zone to show as incomplete:
r...@gaia:/zones# zoneadm list -icv
ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP
0 global running / native shared
- poseidon installed /zones/poseidon ipkg excl
- apollo installed /zones/apollo ipkg excl
- athena installed /zones/athena ipkg excl
- hades installed /zones/hades ipkg excl
- zeus installed /zones/zeus ipkg excl
- test incomplete /zones/test ipkg shared
Hopefully this might shed some light on the problem.
This message posted from opensolaris.org
zones-discuss mailing list