On 08/14/09 04:52 PM, v wrote:
So, I uninstalled the zone, reinstalled it, booted it, and there you go... I
had the etc directory (and a bunch other directories) under root.

OK, that's good to hear. Still, if what you said before was true, I'd like to know why.

Then, I created sysidcfg file in the etc directory.  Logged in using:

zlogin -C zone1

However, it goes straight into the configuration again (starting with the
terminal selection)...

I guess I am still doing something wrong.

I suggest you follow Derek's advice and look at the thread he provided. That'll probably solve your problem.