On 09/04/09 16:39, Jason Schroeder wrote:
Depending on how their common OS standard builds are kept in sync, and what meta package bundle they typically install on their boxes, there may be some sync/cleanup of patches/packages that need to be done to ensure both sides are in sync as reported by the zone attach output (since you indicate you want to allow the zones to move back and forth between systems, and there is no 'downgrade' on attach equiv).

With the exception that S10 5/09 added the -b option to back out patches. Note, patches, not packages.

Steffen

Also note, that we ran into CR 6802870 that currently prevented our sun4u -> sun4v move with s10 11/08 and 5/06. The fix went into the u8 builds, but I don't see a current patch.

/jks

Thanks,
Jim