On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Sam Ashcraft <teckno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, option 2 seems a bit more like what I'm looking for, I would rather
> go direct zone to zone then bounce it through the global.

Doh!  I messed up on the configuration for z2.  That should be:

global# zonecfg -z z2
add fs
set dir=/data
set special=/zones/z1/root/data
set type=lofs
end
exit

> However in your example above it looks like your mounting /data from global
> and not z1/data. How would I specify to use the Data directory form z1?
>
> I was thinking the Zones could interact with each other just like to separate
> systems on a network, is this not the case?

A non-global zone cannot be an NFS server (without a third-party
userland NFS server implementation).  Also, NFS mounting a file system
in a non-global zone that is exported from that zone's global zone is
not supported.  It may seem to work, but there is a known deadlock
that can happen.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/