Mike Gerdts wrote:

A non-global zone cannot be an NFS server (without a third-party
userland NFS server implementation).  Also, NFS mounting a file system
in a non-global zone that is exported from that zone's global zone is
not supported.  It may seem to work, but there is a known deadlock
that can happen.
This known deadlock is documented as a UFS/NFS/VM issue. It's never been clearly stated that it applies when using ZFS and NFS. I've been exporting ZFS home directories from the global zone into my non-global zones for years. I've never experienced the deadlock, but my systems are single-user laptops, so that may not create enough contention.