I've run into an odd one:

We're running Solaris 10 x86 on a Dell 2850, and I've successfully set up
serial console redirection using baud rate 57600.  Part of that process
involved changing the console baud rate in /etc/ttydefs.

The problem is that zlogin will then not complete a non-console login to a zone
from the global zone console, whether the global console is serial or video. I
get a root prompt in the zone, and then I am instantly returned to the global
zone. (Using zlogin -C works, by the way; and using zlogin to execute commands
also works.  I just can't get a non-console shell in a zone.)

If I change /etc/ttydefs on the global zone back to 9600 for the console (and
reset the console), normal non-console zlogin works from the global zone video
console. Any idea why changing the global zone console baud rate to 57600
breaks zlogin?

(By the way, I can't use baud rate 9600 for a remote serial console on the Dell
2850 for some reason; the only baud rate I've found that works in Solaris is
57600, so I'd rather have the remote serial console than a fully-functioning
zlogin, but I'm curious as to what's going on!)