On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 09:27:54AM -0400, Jeff Victor wrote:
>> Has anyone written a tool to provide per-zone reporting of CPU usage -
>> that can be shared? I know someone who wants to do this.
>>
> There's http://asyd.net/home/projects/zonestats
>
> vh
>
> Mads Toftum

The approach used there and by prstat -Z will miss all short-running
programs.  If you don't have many short running processes, this is not
a big deal.  However, if you have a print server, software builds, and
sometimes misbehaving applications, such approaches miss the bulk of
the workload.

I've solved this, but in code I sadly can't share.  All the info
needed to recreate it is linked from:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=82217#306092

--
Mike Gerdts