I was debating whether to put this in "Branded Zones", but Nexenta does, in
fact, run as a native zone if you tarball your way to glory.

Whether you're running Nexenta in OpenSolaris or as a Zone in Nexenta itself,
ssh doesn't work by default. It's outright broken, and I'm going to offer the
fixes for this so you don't have to SSH to the host and then zlogin every time:

First, you need to get services in general running. Do the following as root or

svccfg import
[i](Reason: This enables the "service starter" service in OpenSolaris. Don't
think that /etc/init.d runs the show in Nexenta. It's [b]svcs[/b] and [b]svcs
-xv[/b] to see running and offline services, respectively.)[/i]

If you rebooted teh zone you'll notice that SSH still doesn't work. Don't
worry, only two steps to go. Now edit the following file as root:
nano /lib/svc/method/svc-syseventd
Now, this step is KINDA dirty, but search (Ctrl+W) for every instance of
[b]exit[/b] that involves "if $? -ne 0", and add a [b]#[/b] in front of it. For
#[ $? -ne 0 ] && exit 1
[i](Reason : ${?} should be 0, and that's what it echos, but for some odd
reason, when this script is run, which all the services are dependent on,
including SSH, ${?} echos as nothing. Seriously, nothing. Hence, script exits
and no more services)[/i]
You'll do this TWICE in that file. Save and exit.

Now do the same to the sshd_config file:
nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Comment out (add # to the beginning of the line) the following lines:
#TCPKeepAlive yes
#AcceptEnv LANG LC_*
#UsePAM yes
[i](Reason: Each of those gets listed as an "invalid parrameter" by the SSH

Now reboot the zone:
zoneadm -z ZoneName reboot

And ssh to its address should work in a few seconds! Enjoy! =3

I really hope this helps someone out there desperately googling a fix for this.
And again, I note that I don't hate Sun, I was just rather frustrated with the
forum registration interface when I originally tried making an account.