I saw that the message I composed did not get finished. Here is the rest:

So when I login to the zone with root user or zlogin no problems:
# zlogin test1
[Connected to zone 'test1' pts/5]
Last login: Wed Sep 23 07:57:50 on pts/4
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005
# bash
bash-3.00#

I created a user in the zone gave the user a home directory and password:

bash-3.00# mkdir /export/home
bash-3.00# useradd -c 'Test User' -d /export/home/tuser1 -m -s /bin/bash tuser1
64 blocks
bash-3.00# passwd tuser1
New Password:
Re-enter new Password:
passwd: password successfully changed for tuser1

Now I try to su for the user I created:

bash-3.00# su - tuser1
su: No directory!

I decide to login with ssh from the global zone:

# exit

[Connection to zone 'test1' pts/5 closed]
# ssh tus...@192.168.1.133
Password:
Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/tuser1: Permission denied
/bin/bash: Permission denied
Connection to 192.168.1.133 closed.

Now, I know that some of the zone files had 700 permissions given which I did
not do. Please note that I am not talking about giving /zones/test1 zone 700
before copying/migrating data. I am talking about the actual zone files did
have these settings from the beginning:

# ls -la /zones/test1/
total 17
drwx------   5 root     root           5 Sep 30 13:51 .
drwx------   3 root     root           3 Sep 30 00:30 ..
drwx------  12 root     root          54 Sep 30 13:53 dev
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           2 Sep 23 10:08 lu
drwx------  18 root     root          21 Sep 30 13:56 root

Note that root directory and dev directory inside /zones/test1 zone have 700.
However, when I compare the top level root with some of the other zones I have,
I saw the the other zones had 755 for root directory (and dev).

So I tried to apply 755 to root and attempt to login:
# chmod 755 root
# zlogin test1
[Connected to zone 'test1' pts/4]
Last login: Wed Sep 30 11:57:37 on pts/5
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005
# su - tuser1
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005
-bash-3.00$

So I have the su got working but having still ssh issues from global zone
-bash-3.00$ exit
logout
# exit

[Connection to zone 'test1' pts/4 closed]
r...@ot102# ssh tus...@192.168.1.133
Password:
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005

         #  <--- I have a cursor waiting somewhere around here in a frozen
state, and I can't type anything and nothing works.

I am suspecting that the zone already had its permission set changed, Do you
guys know any way around to fix this? What directory tree permission needs to
be changed so that the zone can function properly?

Any tips? Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post, but please let me know if you need me to post anything
else....
Thanks.