Do sparse root zones share pages of inherited files in the page cache
across zones?

If so, doesn't that mean that, even though whole root on cloned zfs
would result in the same _disk_ savings as a sparse zone, it wouldn't
get similar savings in the page cache?  Has anyone actually measured
the impact of this, i.e. of having multiple rather than single copies
of libc and various other OS libs and programs resident at once?
If that works the way I think it might, I imagine that systems with
lots of sparse zones might be likely to take a noticable hit changing
over to the whole root plus zfs clone approach.

I ask since with SXCE going away, and sparse root zones AFAIK not
(yet?) supported in OpenSolaris, that might catch some folks by surprise.
This message posted from