On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Jeff Victor <jeff.j.vic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There wasn't much Solaris 8 or Solaris 9 deployed on x86, so, to the
> best of my knowledge, there will not be a Solaris 8 Containers or
> Solaris 9 Containers for x86.

I suppose that rules out Solaris 2.5 Containers too ;-)

I'm currently involved in speccing out a couple of projects to bring
old crufty uncared for environments onto something modern. It
looks like S8 Containers (and S9 Containers) are going to be
good candidates for part of the solution. But the environment
does have systems all the way back to 2.5 (that I've come across
so far) - and they're going to be the hardest to deal with.

--
-Peter Tribble