FWIW, I would imagine that the ideal solution, if possible,
would be that pages backed by multiply-referenced
blocks (snapshots, clones, or maybe even de-duping) would
be internally handled like copy-on-write pages, so that
the page and its backing store diverge together.  I wouldn't
be surprised if that's already happening, in which case there's
no loss of page cache efficiency that I was worrying about.

This is way more complicated than I think I could answer for
myself from the code in a reasonable amount of time...